She Won't...

To whom it may concern:

I am not running for Congress against Nancy Pelosi in California's 8th District in 2010.

I was honored by the overwhelming amount of financial support that we received from all over the nation, but clearly, 650,000.00 is not enough to wage a credible battle against the political establishment that owns, controls, and pre-ordains outcomes by either outright fraud or manipulation. If 650,000.00 wasn't enough (the Republican raised 100 grand more and got about half as many votes as I did), then I don't want to raise or spend the kind of money that it would take to defeat the system.

I was also underwhelmed by the lack of support here in the 8th except for a handful of dedicated and tireless, and I mean tireless, volunteers who collected signatures (under the worse circumstances), walked precincts, made phone calls, stuffed envelopes, put their lives on hold, and generally did anything that the campaign needed and 48,000+ votes is not insignificant. I will be forever in debt to these people and I am sorry that I can't name names because I don't want to offend anyone, but you know who you are and I will personally thank you for your commitment to this nation and humanity.

Challenging the "two" party system during the campaign was difficult enough, but the aftermath has been a literal nightmare and it appears I will have to retain an attorney and accountant to help me clean up the profound mess I find myself in. I wish I knew to do this from the beginning, but even though I knew how vile the system can be, I was just naive and idealistic enough to believe that honesty, hard work and a platform with integrity and value would prevail.

Again, to those who supported my campaign, I can't thank you enough. Mere words are inadequate to express my gratitude. I am sorry if I ever let you down, but it takes all of my energy on a daily basis to operate out of a moral center that is not corrupted by party politics or the baseness of "political pragmatism."

To those of you who don't support me, I am not, or never will give up. If I survived burying my oldest son for lies, I can survive any crap you or the Robber Class throws at me. The system seriously underestimates the love and commitment of a mother wronged.

I can be followed on Twitter, Facebook, Cindy Sheehan's Soapbox and Cindy Sheehan's Soapbox Blogspot. I can be reached at Cindy@CindySheehansSoapbox.com and I am in the process of switching email alert capability from this server to another and will send out the subscription info as soon as that is completed.

I will be on book tour from now until the end of July and may be coming to a city/town near you. You can access the schedule here.

Love, peace and hasta la victoria, siempre!

Cindy


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

B@ST@RD BILLION@IRES & L@ZY LIBS WITH MICKEY-Z (SOAPBOX PODCAST 4/27/22)

This Blog Will Become Inactive Soon (Message from Cindy)

SheeLilly#2 Cindy and Dakotah Rate the Final Season of the USA (PODCAST 10 JUNE 2022)